Finding God

We sometimes feel like we are living in a godless world. It is hard to endure the hardships this world has to offer and then ask, where is God in all of this. Please join me in my journey through life where I try to find God in my struggles, sorrows, successes and in my joy!

Once, when I was sad, I said to a kind old priest,
“have you learned any secrets to unburden the heart?”
And he responded, “Hum a favorite melody;
wine will always rise to the top of oil.”
-Catherine of Siena

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

God will Provide

Sorry it has been so long since my last post. I have just been so busy with my many responsibilities. It has been a trying summer to say the least with a Women's ACTS Retreat, forming a New Ministry, planning a Youth 2000 Retreat, singing in multiple choirs, working full time and going to school. It is definately a blessing that I am single woman and have the ability to serve my Church this way.

But I recently had to make a decision to live my faith more fully by standing up for my convictions. My employer recently made a blanket statement to all Planned Parenthoods stating that we support them and followed this with a new program to donate a very large amount of money to them. This on the heels of so many states cutting funding to abortion clinics.

I felt that to continue working there would be a violation of my faith. I have spoken with many people including my priest as well as my spiritual director who both said that I am not committing a sin, but I know it is not healthy for me to constantly have to hide my faith or silence my beliefs. It made me feel like a lie.

So I told my employer of my dilema. Amazingly, they were very understanding and are supporting me in leaving. I am trying to get into Active Church ministry and I have a lot of support from my home Parish and Local Church.

I am not sure what the next few months will hold for my life, but I am convinced that God will provide. Please pray for me and, please feel free to leave your prayer intentions in the comments as I would be honored to pray for you.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment